The Medic Honor Guard is comprised of Paramedics, EMT’s, and Telecommunicators. The Medic Honor Guard was formed in February 2008 to be a representative organization of the Mecklenburg EMS Agency.
The Medic Honor Guard participates in and plans funeral details for fallen members of the EMS community including our first responders for Mecklenburg County and will help with other counties in North and South Carolina. The Honor Guard also participates in Color Guard presentations at various functions such as Paramedic Academy Graduation, parades, and professional sports games. The Medic Honor Guard will also attend other functions as representatives of Mecklenburg EMS Agency such as recruiting and career fairs and out of county line-of-duty funerals.
Team Managing Officer
Bryan Edwards, Operations Manager, Support Services
Team Leader/Supervising Officer
Tim Marshburn, Operations Supervisor
Medic Honor Guard Members
Colby Willison, Paramedic/Crew Chief
Tom Wright, Paramedic/Crew Chief/ROS
Nina Bost, Paramedic/Relief Crew Chief
Paul Burns, BLS-Team Leader
Cheryl Eudy, BLS Team Leader
Shelley McAbee, EMT-B/BLS Crew Leader
The Medic Honor Guard participates in many community related functions including:
- Presentation of the Colors by the Color Guard for the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Bobcats, Checkers, and Knights.
- Posting of the Colors by the Color Guard for indoor functions such as the Medic Paramedic Academy Graduation.
- Funeral details for any active duty or retired EMS members in Mecklenburg County. Funeral honors include escorts, casket guards, and folding and presenting the flag.
- Assistance to the Charlotte Fire Department and Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department in joint funeral details and other ceremonies.
- Several service projects such as Adopt-a-Highway and fundraisers throughout the year
For more information on the Medic Honor Guard or to request their presence at your event, please contact Tim Marshburn.