1. The first step is to submit your completed application to Human Resources - You must turn in ALL the Required Documents below along with your application in order to be considered for the Assessment Center.
2. After all forms are turned in to the HR office, we then conduct a criminal background investigation and DMV check. Please note that you will not receive an immediate status update, as it may take up to two weeks for us to receive the results from these investigations.
3. As soon as we receive all of your documents and have the results from the background and DMV reports in our office, we will call you to schedule an Assessment Center. Once scheduled, you will receive an email invitation and instructions to prepare you for the day.
The Assessment Center is an interviewing and selection process that includes five stations consisting of a panel interview, physical agility assessment (MEDPAT), trauma scenario, oral medical interview (including an ECG assessment for Paramedic applicants), and an electronic national standards exam. All candidates are evaluated at their highest level of training.
4. If we receive satisfactory results from your assessment center, we then make a conditional offer of employment. The offer is contingent upon the applicant passing a pre-placement health screening which consists of a drug test, hearing/vision test, TB test and Hepatitis B series. If there are no spots available, you will be placed on a waiting list for upcoming academies.
5. If the applicant successfully completes the pre-placement health screening their employment starts at the next new hire orientation.
6. Orientation runs for approximately six weeks. It is not held on weekends or Agency recognized holidays.
7. After the completion of New Hire Orientation, newly hired field employees will ride third person with a Field Training Officer for approximately 240-hours (20-shifts).
To be considered for employment, please submit ALL of the requested items listed below along with your application in one of the three ways below:
1) Mail to: Mecklenburg EMS Agency
Attn: Human Resources
4525 Statesville Road
Charlotte, NC 28269
2) Fax to: 704-943-6098
3) Scan and email to: [email protected]
Required documents (copies are acceptable):
- **New Electronic Fillable - Medic Employment Application**
- **New Electronic Fillable - EMS Career Data Form**
- Full Time or Part Time Employment Form
- FEMA ICS 100.b, 200.b and 700 certificates - EMS FEMA Course
- State and/or National Registry certification
- CPR card
- ACLS (Paramedics Only)
- PALS (Paramedics Only)
- EMTs and Paramedics with certification of less than one year: Transcripts from the college where your EMT or Paramedic course was taken.
- EMTs and Paramedics with certification of more than one year: A copy of ALL continuing education records including class topic and length of class up to the past 4 years, and transcripts of refresher courses if applicable.
- MEDPAT Forms - Participation in the MEDPAT is not allowed in the Assessment Center without these forms completed. (MEDPAT forms are not required at the time of application, these forms will be collected on the day of your assessment center).
- MEDIC Motor Vehicle Reporting Guidelines
- Assessment Center Pre-Arrival Recommendations
If applying for an EMT or Paramedic position, you will be contacted to schedule an Assessment Center upon receipt of ALL requested information and successfully meeting our DMV and Background Check requirements.
If applying for a position other than EMT or Paramedic, please note that we receive and review all applications. We will contact you directly if we are interested in moving forward in the hiring process.
If someone has referred you for a position at Medic, please make sure to write his or her name in the space provided on the Employment Application.